- Fresh and thick buttermilk- 2 cups
- Ginger, chopped- 1 inch piece
- Green chillies, chopped- 2 to 3
- Fresh coconut, scrapped- 2 tbsp
- Pure ghee - 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Sugar- a pinch or to taste
- Salt- to taste
- Griend coconut, chilli and ginger without water if possible.
- Heat ghee in a kadhai. Add cumin seeds. When the splattering starts, add ground mixture. Saute for few seconds on low heat.
- Add Buttermilk in a kadhai. Add salt, sugar and start stirring on low-med heat.
- Do not boil much more, it becomes curdle or splits up.
- Switch off the gas when you see bubbles on sides of kadhai.
- Serve hot with vari/sama rice.
- If buttermilk is not available, Combine 1 cup of sour curd and 1 to 1 cup of water, bit together.
- If you like littlebit thick kadhi, you can use Singhara/Shingada flour. Combine 1 tbsp sighara flour and little buttermilk in a bowl and whisk together till become smooth paste. Mix this paste with buttermilk and make a kadhi
- You can use chopped fresh coriander for this kadhi if you eat coriander for fast.