I like this garam masala and I use this in my kokani non-veg dishes. Our neighbor Karnik aunty gave me this recipe.
- Coriander seeds - 250 gm
- Sichuan pepper (Tirfal)- 50 g
- Poppy seeds (Khaskhas)- 50 g
- Caraway seeds (shaha jeere) - 10 g
- Mace (Javitri)- 10 g
- Cobra’s saffron (nagkesar)- 10 g
- Fennel seeds (Badishep) - 50 g
- Clove - 10 g
- Cinnamon - 10 g
- Black peppercorns - 10 g
- Star anise (badian/badyan)- 10 g
- Nutmeg - 1 piece
- Black cardamom (masala velachi) - 10 g
- Dry roast all ingredients one by one on low flame individually continue to roast till a nice aroma is given out. Do not burn anything, all masala will ruined.
- Cool and grind together all spices to a powder.
- Cool and store in airtight container.
This garam masala is a quite strong , use carefully.
If you feel that the this masala is strong and spicy, add 250 gm more coriander seeds in this recipe.