- Raw mango- 1 med (½ cup)
- Jaggery, grated- ½ cup
- Sugar- approx. 2 tbsp to ¼ cup (depends upon sourness of mango, do not add at a time....taste and add)
- Red chilli powder- 1 tsp
- Roasted cumin powder- ½ tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Wash and boil raw mango. Let it cooled.
- Peel raw mango and remove the seed. You will get approx ½ cup of pulp.
- Combine raw mango pulp, jaggery, chilli powder, cumin powder and salt in the non-stick pan.
- Cook on low heat. Stir it continuously without burning. The mixture becomes thick and shiny.
- Taste and add sugar. Mix well and cook for a minute.
- Jam is ready. Allow it to cool. Store in clean and dry glass container. You may refrigerate it.
- Serve with paratha, chapati or bread.
I used organic/ natural jaggery (without chemical), it has dark brown color. This jaggery is very healthy. That's why the colour of jam is brownish red. But you may use ordinary jaggery or full quantity of sugar instead of this. You will get shiny orange red coloured jam.