हि पाककृती मराठीतून वाचण्यासाठी इथे क्लिक करा.
- Sabudana/Sago- ¼ cup
- Sugar- 2 tbsp
- Milk- 1 cup (+ ¼ cup, add if you like thin kheer)
- Cardamom powder- ¼ tsp
- Saffron- a pinch (optional- for garnishing)
- Almond, roasted and sliced- 1 tsp (optional- for garnishing)
- Water- ½ cup (for soaking)
- Wash and soak sabudana in the water for whole night or atleast 3-4 hours.
- Combine soaked sabudana, milk, sugar, cardamom powder together in the pan.
- Boil and cook till sabudana is cooked. (You will see, sabudana become transparent.) Stir continuously to avoid lumps.
- Add ¼ cup milk, if you like thin consistency and switch off the gas.
- Mix well.
- Pour in the pudding glass or bowl. Garnish with saffron and almond flakes and serve.
- Serve hot or cold as your like.
Personally I like hot and thin kheer (pej) without saffron and dry fruits as we eat traditionally. And believe me, it is really tasty.