- Potato, boiled- 1 med
- Cauliflower, finely chopped- ¼ cup
- Cabbage, finely chopped- ¼ cup
- Carrot, grated- ½ cup
- Green peas- ¼ cup
- Soy chunks, boiled and crumbled- ¼ cup
- Ginger- ½ inch
- Garlic- 6 cloves
- Green chilii- 3
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Garam masala- ½ tsp
- Chat masala- ½ tsp or to taste
- Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
- Hing- ¼ tsp (optional)
- Salt and pepper- to taste
- Oil- as required
- Readymade samosa patti- as required
For Sticking Paste:-
All Purpose Flour / Maida - 2 tbsp
Water - 2 to 3 tbsp
- Peel and mash potato.
- Crush or grind ginger, garlic, green chilies and cumin seeds coarsely without water.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a nonstick pan. Add crushed chilii-cumin seeds-ginger-garlic paste, hing, turmeric powder and sauté for few seconds.
- Add carrot, cauliflower, cabbage, green peas.
- Add salt and mix well. Put the heat on medium. Sauté for a minute. Cover the pan with lid. Sauté in between. Cook till done soft.
- Then add potato, garam masala, chat masala, pepper. Mix well
- Slightly mash and mix with spoon. Let it cool.
- Mix flour and water to make a thick paste, this is your sticking paste. Set aside till use.
- Lay samosa patti/sheet on board.
- Place filling and roll. You have to spread little sticking paste in between. When you come to the end, spread some sticking paste and seal.
- Do all rolls as same way.
- During all process, you have to cover patti/sheets and rolls with damp cloth.
- Heat oil in a kadhai/wok.
- Deep both ends in sticking paste. (Then you may spread some sesame seeds on both ends.)
- Deep fry till golden brown. Serve hot with tomato ketchup or tamarind-dates chutney.
Refer the recipe: Patti Samosa